Hello! First I would like to say that I am very grateful for this opportunity. It was always a dream to learn to speak English and thanks to you I am doing just that.
My name is André Martins, I’m 41 years old, and I live in the community of Rocinha. I like to watch football games at the stadium.
I am a simple man and did not study much, but I was able to overcome a lot of difficulties.
After the occupation of Rocinha (UPP) I lost my hot dog stand. I was a street vendor and with a small bottle of coins, I was able to put together a snack bar (sized 3m x 1m – garage size for a motorcycle), Mega Lanche’s.
Here in Rocinha we receive about 300 tourists daily, so it’s necessary to know how to speak another language.
I made some achievements that turned me into a success case:
– Company model of disclosure of MEI (Sebrae) in 2013.
– First in Brazil to use Facebook as a sales tool.
– Recognized by Facebook as one of the 10 most significant businesses in 2014.
– More than 300 athletes, 4 social projects and more than 20 sporting events supported by the brand.
– The first in a community with brand sponsorship in the UFC, with the athlete William Daffy.
– Reference on Community Tourism, receiving in the summer about a hundred tourists daily.
– In a meeting with managers of Facebook Brazil suggested a change to the platform that was presented to the team of engineers in Silicon Valley and they have since changed the tool.
Olá! Primeiramente gostaria de informar que sou muito grato pela oportunidade. Sempre foi um sonho aprender a falar inglês e graças a vocês estou realizando.
Daí em diante consegui algumas conquistas que me transformaram em Case de Sucesso: